Our company Austro Energy Systems AG offers gas reformer solutions to utilize gaseous hydrocarbon waste streams from oil and gas industry and turn them into a valuable resource of energy. These streams usually either contain large amounts of heavier hydrocarbons or vary in their composition and are thus challenging to use.
The gas reformer converts all higher hydrocarbons present in feed gas (natural or associated gas, flare gas, shale gas, vented volatile organic compounds (VOCs), LPG) into a gas rich in methane, and thereby improves the compressibility of the gas. Together with a AES block heat and power stations the system produces electricity with an overall efficiency of up to 45%.
Gas reformer AES
- In the gas reformer the methane number of any fuel gas is improved up to 100±5 % by converting the non-methane hydrocarbons (NMHCs) to synthesis gas (H2 + CO) and finally to methane (CH4).
- Purification of associated gas from the hydrogen sulfide and high hydrocarbons and conversion of its qualities into similar properties of natural gas.
- Use of gas reformer AES improves increases performance of AES gas engines for work on associated and other gases with low methane number.
- Volume of gas preparation is 3000 Nm3 / hour (the volume of prepared gas of 5500 Nm3 / hour sufficient to generate min 18 MW of electricity per hour).
Installation length– 700 мм
Installation width– 4800 мм
Installation height– 4200 мм
Installation weight in container – 40000 кg
- Compressibility of the gas is measured by “methane number.” The higher methane number, the better the fuel gas
- Pure methane number is 100, but the presence of higher hydrocarbons in the gas significantly reduces this
- When the methane number of the fuel gas is 80 or lower, the engine must be used with a reduced nominal power in order to prevent knocking and engine
- At high methane number, on the other hand, the engine can be operated with the highest
|Composition||Meth. number||Composition||Meth. number||Composition||Meth. number|